Senior HR Generalist
5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
Oversees the human resources activities of a given group with direct supervisory responsibility for HR Generalists, HR Specialists and/or HR Assistants as applicable. Collects and analyzes HR data; reviews and establishes human resources related policies; relied upon by line and hiring managers for expertise related to employee relations concerns.
Qualifications: 4-7years of Experience.
STATEMENT OF JOB
Develops, implements and manages human resource programs and policies to best achieve objectives. Plans for and anticipates short- and long-term human resource needs, following current trends. Ensures current employees have skills necessary for development and future organizational requirements. Oversees implementation of human resource policies including administration of compensation and benefits programs, management of workforcediversity and maintenance of human resources information systems. HR Business Partners includes a range of positions that encompass HR Field Solutions and Human Resource Business Partners. These positions are responsible for building strong relationships and partnership with business and/or functions, diagnosing human capital needs based on business and/or functional requirements, and developing and executing on human capital strategy, aligned with the enterprise. Operates as a solutions partner, coach and trusted advisor to business leadership on its people, organizational and capabilities implications. Leverages resources within COEs and HR Operations to enable the execution of this strategy, through active collaboration. Leads the relationship with employee groups, works councils and unions. Leverages workforce data and information to inform and guide business-level decision-making and identifies opportunities for harmonization and process improvement. Ensures HR processes/programs are implemented and managed within assigned client group. Continuously evaluates and provides feedback to enable modification of HR plans and programs.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
- Comply with EHS rules.
- Lead the work area with a safe culture mindset.
- Support employees in their decision to shut down unsafe or environmentally damaging equipment or processes.
- Ensure completion of EHS training by all Employees.
- Participate actively in the safety process.
- Ask questions if something isn’t known.
- Initiate an investigation on all accidents and injuries immediately.
- Submit suggestions to improve EHS and take action on suggestions submitted by employees.
- Act as emergency management coordinator for meeting locations and shelter areas. Initiate accountability in the event of an emergency. (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
- Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely.
- Ensure the completion of all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
- Ability to recognize deficiencies in chemical labeling.
- Coordination in minor spill management and clean-up.
- Capability to enforce satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
- Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
- Drives the Human Resources initiatives with credibility across allocated areas of the business.
- Acts as a trusted adviser and solutions partner to provide business leadership with guidance, feedback and alternatives on a wide variety of confidential matters.
- Coaches and guides leaders throughout the organization on solutions to improve business performance, including organizational restructuring and M&A.
- Drafts HR policies and formulates procedures for organization-wide deployment to meet the organization's current and future needs.
- Coaches business managers and supervisors to be effective people managers.
- Facilitates equitable solutions between the company, managers and employees to mitigate risk.
- Provides feedback and conducts intelligence gathering on critical needs identified by business leaders on process, delivery and programs.
- Provides advice and guidance to managers on employee/industrial relations and performance management issues that may be complex, actively participating in employee matters as required.
- Leads and/or conducts timely investigations, prepares documentation and makes appropriate recommendations for complex human resources issues to ensure human resources management is conducted effectively.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Management Teams across organization to ensure consistent and successful delivery across the full spectrum of HR business activities, focusing on continuous improvement and operational excellence.