Ameren Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, and thecompany's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. Ameren Missouri's mission is topower the quality of life for its 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. The company's service area covers 64 counties and more than 500 communities including the greater St. Louis area.
About The Position
The Sr. Human Resources Client Consultant will serve as a key point of contact for business line leadership to drive strategic business initiatives at Ameren's Callaway Nuclear Energy Center. This role will report to the Director of Human Resources, while working closely with the HR Team to ensure work is aligned with Ameren’s overall strategy and direction. Critical to success will be effective working relationships with the Leadership and Organization Effectiveness team members, Ameren leadership, Callaway co-workers, and Corporate Human Resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop partnerships with Callaway leadership and HR team members to help diagnose talent issues and formulate plans in conjunction with the Nuclear Excellence Plan. Build a comprehensive people plan to enable execution of the Callaway's strategic goals and leverage the People Health Committee to focus on the talent priorities.
- Build leadership capability across the site related to talent processes and engagements such as workforce planning, knowledge transfer and retention, talent development, succession planning and performance management.
- Create and manage work plans, communication and sustainability processes to supportworkforce strategy outcomes.
- Function as a coach and trusted business adviser to influence business leaders in areas ofemployee relations, organization design, performance management, rewards and recognition, change management, inclusion & diversity, and the potential impact of short and long-term decisions and strategies.
- Leverage workforce data and work closely with Callaway leadership and members of theHR team to determine critical workforce needs aligned with Callaway's strategic goals and priorities to maintain a best in industry nuclear facility
- In collaboration with Callaway leadership and Leadership and Organization Effectiveness consultant, help drive leadership development focus on 15-005 and nuclear professional behaviors. Ensure a strong integration with culture shaping initiatives to help evolve a leader's mindset, change behavior and drive culture in the plant.
- Stay current on industry best practices in Human Resources and Organization Effectiveness. Develop and maintain a close relationship and ongoing partnership with nuclear organizations (e.g., INPO).
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required, with a specialization inBusiness, Human Resource, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organization Development or a related discipline preferred. Five or more years of relevant professional level experience (e.g., leadership development, talent management, high impact organizational effectiveness consulting experience) required. Experience in the nuclear industry preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- a solid understanding of business concepts and strategic alignment
- a pragmatic approach to achieving results
- strong communication and presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships and work effectively with leadership
- the ability to prioritize, plan and manage multiple projects
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.