Senior HR Business Partner
at Udacity (View all jobs)Mountain View
Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtualreality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our PeopleOps team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
We're looking for an experienced Senior HR Business Partner to define the broader talent development strategy for our Learning Products team at Udacity. A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for building and refining processes and practices, is expert in influencing and mentoring others and able to build strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a Strategic business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. We are looking for someone to build, develop and refine new and existing tools/processes to continually drive our mission and goals.
- Partner with senior leadership to drive talent initiatives within their teams that help them meet their business objectives.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Assess employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees, proactively and when employee relations issues arise.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue and quickly implement solutions, either independently or partnering with colleagues in HR.
- Use data to inform and guide decisions and policies.
- Respond to employee questions timely and provide advice when it makes sense
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and broader talent team if necessary.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication
- 8+ years of HRBP experience in a fast paced environment.
- Previous start up experience required.
- Experience should include a focus on performance management, employee relations, data analytics and reporting.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- A proactive and collaborative approach.
- A sense of humor!
- Excellent understanding of technology and education is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.