Senior HR Business Partner
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
PCG is seeking a polished, experienced professional who is strategic, energetic and positive. This is a key advisor dedicated to providing Human Resource (HR) guidance and coaching to management and employees in their assigned business unit(s). Join an experienced HR team who partners with leadership to formulate organizational development solutions across all corporate and business units of the Firm. The role reports to the assigned business unit’s management and Corporate HR.
The successful candidate will contribute strategically, as well as in hands-on fashion, by applying their well-developed knowledge, skills and attributes highlighted below:
- Business Knowledge Acumen (become an expert in our industry, clientele, projects, roles)
- Demonstrating balance in being both a Management Advocate, as well as an Employee Champion
- Strategic, Expert Communicator
- Performance Driver/Motivator
- Persistent, yet Patient
- Risk Mitigator/Management; Compliance-minded
- Data-driven decision-maker and guide
- Talent/Organization Developer
- Results/Outcome Orientation
- “Can-do” attitude
- Enjoys being Professionally Challenged in a Fast-pace, Growing firm
This individual will have a track record of effective internal communication and improving organizational performance relative to strategic goals. Experience with performance metrics and viewing the organization from four perspectives: financial/stewardship, customer/stakeholder, operations/internal business process, and organizational capacity/knowledge & innovation. This person will know how to align business activities to corporate vision and strategy, by developing metrics and collecting and analyzing data to achieve targeted results.
As an active, on-site resource, this person will perform and manage the provision of HR services, policies, and programs in support of employees, site managers, and site leadership. The right person can quickly and accurately execute strategy, is smart, savvy, and outgoing, anticipates and troubleshoots problems, has high emotional intelligence, and possesses an appropriate sense of humor. It is expected that this individual is a lifelong learner and researcher of HR best practices that support the business area’s growth initiatives in support of our public sector clients.
An integral part of the leadership team through understanding every aspect of the business and being seen as a thought leader on HR topics. Champion PCG’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them grow their organizations. Operate as part of a cross-functional HR team to design and execute strategy in how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain. Provide advice and guidance on a wide range of issues including organizational development, learning and development, staffing, performance management and employee relations. Whether coaching supervisors in how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop the team, this person must have an uncanny ability to prioritize and implement people-related solutions.
- Successfully operate as a talent consultant to the business unit(s), becoming part of their team.
- Develop strategies with leadership and management in the areas of talent management, onboarding, staffing, total rewards, employee engagement, and team development.
- Develop culture to inspire and motivate employees to achieve business results.
- Coach and develop senior leaders in performance feedback and conflict management.
- Understand business unit’s organizational structure and recommend changes to refine.
- Review and analyze metrics and data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve workforce planning, performance, retention, and engagement
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed with a focus on risk mitigation and staff management
- Provide HR practice and policy guidance, interpretation and implementation.
- Work closely with management and employees to build morale and facilitate effective work relationships.
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple PCG offices
- Partner with L&D to design and deliver training programs.
- Operate in tandem with the business unit’s Staffing Consultant to select talent, succession plan, and on-board.
- Team player, collaborator, counselor, coach with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional tenacity and fortitude, during frequent periods of high need/demands
- Demonstrated success in multi-site employee relations and performance management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, work ethic, propriety and professionalism.
- Highly developed listening, analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Expertise in facilitating discussions, presenting, and delivering training.
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced culturally diverse environment.
- Proficiency in MS-Office; adept at Excel and PowerPoint for data analysis and presentations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field; 7-10 years’ HR management experience as HRBP
- Experience in a growing, high-performing, high-demand client-facing environments
- Expertise in Employment law; proven track record modeling HR best practices.
- Experience in professional services industry preferred
Job ID 2018-3437