Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions.
The Senior HR Business Partner for Global R&D Engineering and G&A functions (Sr. HRBP-R&D) plays a critical, collaborative role in aligning functional talent to help Natus meet and exceed business objectives. This role is both a strategic and hands on role that includes but isn’t limited to improving organizational effectiveness and design, leading change management, providing leadership coaching and driving excellence in business groups and the HR Team. The Senior HRBP-R&D serves as a trusted consultant to management on HR-related issues and assesses/anticipates the needs of their functional global group by building strong relationships and possessing a deep knowledge of their unique business needs and attributes. This is a global role and may have domestic and/or international direct reports
In this position you will:
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Conducts meaningful, weekly meetings with business leaders and maintains an effective level of business literacy about the functional group’s financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Leads, mentors and cross-trains direct reports to create a team of functional subject matter experts that support results-driven business goals and objectives.
- Communicates needs proactively within the HR Team and business management to develop integrated solutions to complex organizational challenges.
- Identifies and drives process improvement initiatives and fosters a continuous improvement culture that motivates staff and delivers results.
- Analyzes trends, metrics and all relevant data in partnership with the L2 HR Team to develop people-centric solutions, programs and policies to take the business function to the next level.
- Participates in creating and executing end-to-end people strategies to champion all staff and help them achieve their professional goals and ambitions.
- Manages and resolves complicated employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and coaches/guides management to successful outcomes.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for a global company. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to business leaders within their functional group (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Develops and drives company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., rewards and recognition review, workforce planning, culture, and organizational change) that have global impact.
- Experience working with and influencing leaders at all levels from front line managers to senior executives.
- Business Acumen.
- Data-centric Problem Solving
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Immigration & Work Authorization.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- Change Management.
- Organizational Design/Effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, business, or related field. Master’s degree in Human Resources a plus.
- Prior experience with manufacturing and distribution involving medical devices, electronics, electro-mechanical, electrical, computers and/or software components.
- Minimum 10 years of applicable Human Resources experience with 5+ years’ of experience working directly with senior leadership in an advisory capacity.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Knowledge of international employment laws in Canada, EMEA, APAC and the United States mandatory.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational development, change management, employee relations, immigration, diversity, performance management, and federal, state and international respective employment laws.
- Experience leading major cross-functional projects that included creating project plans and timelines, managing resource plans and monitoring/reporting performance to plan.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 systems and experience with ISO 13485 is desirable.
- Possesses expert level coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, negotiation, presentation, process development, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success with driving change management, project management and a culture of excitement and enthusiasm to solve big problems within a complex organization.
- Proven track record of seeking out and leveraging data to drive business decision/strategies and question when data points and/or anecdotal information differ.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software engineering, document control and publications, technical training, i.e, Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), product life cycle, etc.