The primary focus of the position is the management of high-performance computing (HPC) cluster, storage, and networking infrastructure, including, but not limited to the integration of HPC systems with Brown’s overarching IT infrastructure, deployment and management of parallel filesystems, and maintaining system security.
The incumbent is expected occasionally debug and possibly rewrite low-level systems software, evaluate software for potential acquisition, and work closely with vendors’ support organizations to ensure timely resolution of problems and high availability of CCV production services.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: advanced degree in computer science
- Extensive (7+) years Unix/Linux systems management with systems software development experience. 3+ of this should be focused on HPC systems; experience managing batch/scheduling systems, cluster provisioning, and parallel filesystems.
- Basic systems: Linux, cluster computing, parallel filesystems (e.g., GPFS, Lustre), high-performance networking (e.g., Infiniband), batch/scheduling systems
- Programming: shell, Python, C
- Please note: in order to be considered for this position applicants must provide a cover letter and resume.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check and education verification.