Senior Highway Project Engineer
Department:NYPC-NYCLocation:New York, NY
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s New York City office is seeking a Senior Highway Project Engineer to join our Highway Design team.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The Senior Highway Project Engineer will support roadway and highway design projects such as New York State Department ofTransportation design-build highway and bridge replacement projects.
- Producing and delivering transportation projects through the construction administration phase
- Design of highways and roads including development of geometric layout, grading and drainage, working with utilities, and environmental permitting
- Providing oversight to staff engineers related to highway design
- Pre-design project planning and financial management
- Managing the development of technical design and specification documents
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Capability to lead/mentor junior staff
- Adept at technical task management and oversight
- Effectively communicate with Contractors
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field required, MS a plus
- 15+ years of professional engineering experience, including complex highway design and traffic control
- PE licensure in NY
- Intimately familiar with ASHTO Guidelines
- Familiar with NYSDOT, Port Authority of NYNJ, and the Thruway Design Requirements
- Experience with Alternate Delivery, such as Design Build
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.