Who are we?
Acceleron is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. The Company's leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair.
Acceleron focuses its research and development efforts in hematologic, neuromuscular, and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, the Company and its global collaboration partner, Celgene, are developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. Acceleron is also advancing its neuromuscular program with ACE-083, a locally-acting Myostatin+ agent in Phase 2 development in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy and Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and is conducting a Phase 2 pulmonary program with sotatercept in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
What's in it for you?
The ideal Hematology/Oncology Specialist requires the drive, initiative and creativity to sell and succeed in a market that revolves around complex science. He/She must possess a mindset to succeed in a small, entrepreneurial environment where strategic thinking, teamwork and collaboration and resource deployment is executed with precision. He/She develops account and customer specific business plans that drives adoption and utilization of Acceleron's first commercial product. He/She is responsible for achieving all territory sales goals through the promotion, sale and support of Acceleron's first commercial product in his/her geographic territory. He/she represents Acceleron and its first commercial product and the approved indication; helping external customers such as physicians, nurses, etc. learn about the benefits of the product in relation to the applicable therapeutic area/disease state. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of customers and accounts within hematology/oncology, as well as the local dynamics that influence business in their area.
Territories: Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Cleveland, OH, Detroit, MI, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Manhattan, NY, Miami, FL, Nashville, TN, New Orleans, LA, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, St. Louis, MO
What will you be doing?
- Develops and executes robust territory business plans
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals, brand key performance indicators and management by objectives
- Possesses, develops and manages long-term relationships with hematology/oncology physicians, nurses, office practices managers and other key stakeholders in the assigned territory
- Conducts compelling scientific discussions with key physicians and health care professionals in support of the approved product indication
- Utilizes approved resources and messages to meet goals and targets
- Interacting with key stakeholders and explaining features and benefits of the product, utilizing persuasive sales techniques
- Ability to network and manage relationships broadly with the large number of stakeholders including internal cross functional partners (Training, Marketing, Sales Operations, Medical Affairs) and Celgene colleagues
- Planning and organizing promotional speakers programs in territory in partnership with Speakers Bureau vendor and Celgene colleague
- Communicating competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management
- Monitors operating costs and budget and ensures the activities under his/her responsibilities are in line with the company policies and procedures
What are we looking for?
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion
- Resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented
- Strategic approach to accessing customers in an innovative manner
- Analytical, Technology and Data Driven - Identify issues and opportunities using all data sets and other analytical tools to build customers strategies and tactics to maximize sales in the assigned territory
- Uses selling, presentation, influencing, listening & questioning skills to best present assigned product and fully understand physician/clinician and patient needs, expectations, challenges & other constraints
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Demonstrated access and understanding of key customers and account groups within the territory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior clinical acumen with the proven ability to excel in a technically complex and ambiguous sales environment
- Participate as and when needed/working in cross-functional or other project teams and/or supporting peers, the overall region, area to excel
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Launch and/or experience in hematology/oncology
- Proven track record of results
- Driving results in a complex market
- Market Access or Reimbursement experience a plus
- Travel is typically during the business day. Out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected depending on territory. Travel requirements up to 60%.
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.