Discovery Health Partners offers payment and revenue integrity solutions that help health payers improve revenue, avoid costs, and enhance the member experience. We offer a unique combination of deep healthcare expertise and analytics-powered technology solutions to help our clients improve operational efficiency, achieve financial integrity, and generate measurable results.
We are currently seeking a Senior Healthcare Transactional/Regulatory Attorney to join a busy legal team. You will work alongside the General Counsel, providing advice, knowledge and assisting with healthcare, technology, transactional and regulatory matters. As a member of the legal team, the candidate will provide legal guidance and counselling, both strategic and tactical, to all areas of the organization. Potential candidates must have a minimum of 7 years of healthcare, business and transactional experience.
Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, with an emphasis on complex agreements including mergers and acquisitions, loan transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, sales, software licensing and vendor agreements.
- Perform legal research and interpret federal and state laws, regulations, interpretive guidelines, advisory opinions and court cases on various healthcare-related statutory and regulatory topics, particularly related to health insurance, health insurance reimbursement, managed healthcare, Medicaid, Medicare and HIPAA
- Provide legal advice, opinions and solutions regarding issues and risks in the areas of intellectual property protection and licensing.
- Assist with HIPAA and cybersecurity compliance in coordination with company privacy and security officers
- Supporting business teams in various legal and corporate projects to drive business growth and development
- Appropriately manage a heavy workflow, setting priorities with internal clients and meeting deliverable timelines
- Advising business groups on strategy and execution of all aspects of the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Comply with HIPAA compliance and security policies and procedures
- Significant experience in healthcare, technology and intellectual property issues and commercial transactions.
- Strong proficiency in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements related to mergers and acquisitions, loan transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Strong understanding of technology law and intellectual property law and significant experience negotiating software and services agreements with a demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically and advance practical solutions
- In depth understanding of software licensing issues, IT, health care, and data privacy
- Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance matters related to Medicare, Medicaid and HIPAA.
- Understanding of cloud software security issues
- Ability to provide sound and practical advice on legal and business matters in a complex, fast-paced environment to a broad range of business teams
- Superior drafting skills, especially the ability to draft contractlanguage that is clear, concise, and easily understood, creating templates and processes to improve efficiency of the contract review process
- Superior communication skills in both written and verbal presentation, including all aspects of legal writing technique and procedure, and the ability to convey complex legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Ability to function effectively and complete projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities and objectives.
Tracking Code 510-124