Start date: ASAP
Skills: MUST have OSHPD experience, leadership qualities and an ability to be in front of clients and lead a team that includes remote office individuals. Also must be strong technically.
Director shall provide and participate in decision making for all project-related issues of entry to mid-size in revenue earnings as well as possess a full understanding of the client's project requirements. This position has high a level of responsibility of interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating engineering projects of entry up to mid-size. The Director plans, develops, coordinates, directly in both small and mid-size projects in scope and level of importance. This individual engages in all aspects of the mildly complex project, providing leadership and decision-making when required and has an advanced knowledge of the technical expertise required to design and implement the particulars of the project. Strong contract administration skills are a must.
· Comprehensive knowledge of own discipline/department for Medium to Large Fee Projects or Mid to High-Level complexity projects.
· Actively participates in problem solving and making engineering decisions on a department specific level.
· Performs coordination at a higher level by reviewing drawings supplied by vendors, other team engineers, and the architects while implementing design modifications as necessary.
· Ability to gather appropriate resources in order to solve problems.
· Customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees and exercises independent judgment and discretion in supervision.
· Supports in development and execution of department specific training programs.
· Actively monitors and evaluates appropriate team specific staffing resource allocations to meet business and team needs.
· Believes in and champions the firms' core values and inspires others to do the same.
· Encourages and rewards others at a project or group level for innovative thinking.
· Ability to drive clients to make informed decisions on an overall project basis, complete with well thought out MEP+ integrated concepts.
· Meets a high level of executive communication, including effective written and verbal communication and presentation. Also has a high level of internal and external presentations with integrated concepts to advance client decision making.
· Significant experience with monitoring and successfully managing project costs versus budget for discipline and project while understanding the firm's financial system.
· Independently and actively builds relationships with new and existing clients that develops moderate amounts of profitable new business.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
· P.E. in Engineering preferred
· Minimum 10 years' experience in the Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Design discipline.
· Experience with healthcare projects including OSHPD-1, OSHPD-2, OSHPD-3.
· Experience with AutoCAD and Revit documentation and management as it applies to Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
· Experience and understanding in EnergyPro
· Baseline experience and understanding of AGI32 or Visual (or similar).
Certifications & Licenses:
· Professional registration in Engineering is preferred (PE)
· LEED AP Certification is desired.
· Proven ability to understand and recognize complex design problems.
· Effective communication skills with a team-oriented attitude.
· Knowledge of Electrical and related California Building Codes
· Knowledge of Green Building practices and LEED Rating Systems
· Must possess a valid driver's license.