As a Senior Healthcare Data Analytic Specialist, primary responsibility is to acquire and transform clinical and health data from Inovalon’s technical platforms and databases to create impactful, dynamic, and insightful healthcare data analytics such as opportunity analyses, risk adjustment and predictive modeling, program evaluation studies, customer reporting, product development, and ad-hoc analytics.
- Performs complex and detailed statistical analyses and modeling of clinical and operational data with outputs that are clear and relevant to the users;
- Participates in the design and development of statistical analyses and reports that explore and present large amounts of data to discover underlying patterns and trends related to quality, safety, and clinical performance;
- Works with information from a variety of sources, including the EHR, publicly reported quality measurement and reimbursement data, and other resources using a variety of highly-specific tool such as, but not limited to, SAS, R, SPSS, Stata, SQL or Tableau;
- Develop requirements for data mapping and data loading processes. Execute data mapping/loading requirements and reconcilement of such activities;
- Plan and design data integration strategies, develop intuitive designs, and build enterprise interactive dashboards with built in guided healthcare data analytics;
- Identify and research anomalies and outliers in data. Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data;
- Monitor and perform trend analysis for the company and research report on anomalies Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Act as subject matter expert to key stakeholders;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company.
- At least 5 years of experience in data analytics, data science, or related field;
- Experience conducting statistical analyses and data mining using tools, such as SPSS, SAS, Stata, or Minitab;
- Experience with data management and visualization tools, such as SQL and Tableau;
- Possession of strong analytical / statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data;
- Strong organization skills and attention to details, comfortable working with minimum direction;
- Adaptable to changing organizational requirements and priorities and supportive of a diverse work force;
- Ability to collaborate with others in diplomatic, tactful manner, while exercising sensitivity and discretion as needed;
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and other programs); and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, or a related field of study;
- In lieu of the Bachelor’s degree, plus at least 5 years of experience, will accept a Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Analytics, or a related field of study, plus at least 3 years of experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Sedentary work ( i.e. sitting for long periods of time) Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force;
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions
- Subject to inside environmental conditions; and
- Travel for this position will include less than 5% locally usually for training purposes.