Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
To fulfill this role, the Senior Government Consultant will:
- Work with client and Mercer’s Government Project Managers to clearly define the scope, timelines and deliverable(s) of the project; ensure development and proposes essential project documents, including the budget and work plans.
- Ensure regular communication with client to review project status and expectations; provide expertise and insight to the client and team to solve potential problems within the project; manage scope of project, budget and timelines.
- Manage the relationship with the key client stakeholders and oversee client engagements including: overseeing multiple project managers; ensuring the team is within budget, on time & producing work consistent with the scope of work; ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader.
- Be responsible for the project resource management including: identifying and securing resources; ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level; and providing team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise. Additionally, ensure project managers are coordinating tasks with specialists on the project team.
- Define the strategy for and lead the RFP process; develop cost proposal; evaluate conversion/recovery/ aspects of RFP; evaluate risk and manage RFP through Mercer internal legal and executive approval process.
- Identify opportunities for expanded revenue with existing clients. Utilize knowledge of client’s challenges and of the diverse expertise within Mercer Government to identify sales opportunities. These opportunities can be for established expertise and services or for new and innovative expertise and services.
- Organize and execute a multi-faceted sales plan to include: building effective and collaborative relationships with key decision-makers within target organizations; conducting a minimum number of face to face meetings with prospects; and participating in professional organizations and informal networks to develop, build and sustain a network to obtain prospects.
- Continuously develop expertise in health policy, including financial and operational aspects of Medicaid programs, federal regulatory issues, and health care reform. Consider the implication of policy, law, political, etc. changes impact client and client’s programs.
- Develop intellectual capital; lead or participate in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients.
To be considered for this opportunity, we require the following qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 15 years of relevant consulting experiencerequired with 5 years of recent experience in governmental healthcare
- Minimum 8 years' knowledge and experience with Medicaid programs
- Successful business- to-business sales experience including selling to executive/senior level employees
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the Mercer value proposition
- Ability to work independently (initiate/qualify prospects) and as a member of a team (developing proposed solutions)
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time-management capabilities
- Strategic thinker
- Takes charge and makes tough decisions. Demonstrates a “can do attitude.”
- Proactive and fearless. Moves beyond his or her comfort zone in pursuit of Mercer’s vision.
- Effective communicator, good listener with strong inter-personal skills.
- Role model who engenders loyalty and longevity among team.
Job ID R_037433-en