Job Title Senior Hardware & Systems Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
Job Description Continental Engineering Services (CES) is seeking a hardware and systems engineer to design and develop electronic control modules from concept phase to production for various invehicle automotive electronics from the Continental portfolio.
• Manage, develop, maintain and communicate hardware/system development content and timing.
• Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans.
• Responsible for the hardware/systems products developed by CES.
• Contribute to technical discussions (prepare / present responses) with customers and within internal teams.
• Assigned to programs/projects to provide technical guidance
• Contact between two more departments to facilitate and ensure appropriate exchange of knowledge
• Develop and track schedules for complex hardware projects
• Lead / support meetings with cross functional project team, hardware/test team, and customers as needed.
• Support customer presentations, interfacing with OEMs on technical topics
• Analog/digital circuit design involving worst case analysis utilizing Mathcad and Pspice simulation
• Design for manufacturing, use of Zuken or similar schematic capture tool
• Work with PCB designers for optimization of EMC radiation and immunity performance
• Work with plant hardware engineers to support development of production test specification.
• Coordinate logistics for engineering prototype builds
• Test and debug of prototype designs using electronic measurement tools (oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analyzers).
• Ensure all aspects of production processes for software and calibration programming are properly verified and validated.
• Responsible for development of new products, and changes to existing products
• Responsible to lead projects to meet customer expectations.
• Assistance with other tasks as needed and determined by Management
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
• The ideal candidate is disciplined, and can foster a team environment
• Able to work in distributed global team environment
• Good communication skills with CES team, internal & external customers
• Knowledge through directly related experience
• Creates value through the ability to integrate knowledge from different areas of specialized knowledge
• Innovator to solve difficult/complex problems.
• Can work both independently and in a team environment
• A mindset for continuous quality and efficiency improvements
• Determines own priorities and may deviate from established procedures and practices as long as results meet standards of acceptability (e.g., volume, quality, timeliness, accuracy)
Job Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical equivalent
• Minimum of 5 to 7+ years of automotive electrical engineering experience
• At least 3+ years of experience withing electrical/electronic product development
• Familiar with Requirements Analysis tools (DOORS or similar)
• Experience with Automotive Electronic/Electromechanical Products
• Experience with 8 – 32 bit microcontrollers
• Familiar with automotive development process
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
• Self motivated with strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
• Although infrequent, the applicant must be able to travel to domestic and international locations (engineering and manufacturing sites, suppliers, and customers) as needed.
• 7+ years professional experience in Automotive Electronic Products or Systems preferred
• Experience with FMEA methods and tools (such as APIS IQ FMEA)
• Knowledge in ISO26262
• Experience with power electronics is preferred
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fastpaced environment