Job OverviewThe Senior Hardware FPGA Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of FPGA functionality implemented in state of the art Network Test Equipment. The design work will include design specification, documentation, coding, simulation, debug and verification, and support of the product throughout its lifecycle.
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree.
- Minimum 5 years design and development of high speed digital systems.
- High-level description languages such as Verilog.
- Telecommunications and networking knowledge is useful.
- Candidates should have excellent FPGA testing and debugging skills.
- Candidates should have good written and verbal communications skills and be highly organized and self-motivated.
The Senior Hardware FPGA Engineer will be part of a small team that is responsible for the entire product design. The engineer will work closely with PCB, firmware, software, and product verification developers.
Product areas include hardware and system components used for testing Ethernet and Fiber Channel switches and routers in a laboratory environment for compliance to industry standards and performance under real world conditions.
Development responsibilities include specification, design, simulation, implementation, verification, and documentation of FPGAs used in advanced Spirent products. Design work typically includes coding in Verilog, constraint definition, simulation, and routing.