The Designed for Surface team is the officially licensed 3rd party accessories program for Surface devices. Our mission is to make Surface the right choice for more people around the world. We do this by working with partners to bring to life an ecosystem of accessories that both creates choice and delivers specific solutions to specific problems.
We are looking for a leader for our Partner Management and Business Development functions within the team. This individual will represent our mission, vision, and values throughout Microsoft and our partner companies.
Our team is responsible for developing accessories with 50+ hardware partners across the world to bring exciting and innovative products to market.
Now is the right time to join our team in this newly created role and be part of something big! We need your help to fulfill our mission.
Some key responsibilities for the individual in this role:
- Manage and grow relationships with key partners in our ecosystem.
- Manage and grow other team members who are Partner Managers (you will lead, refine, and strengthen the Partner Management function for our business).
- Lead our contracting process, partner negotiations, partner on and off-boarding, and amendments.
- Build and manage the right rhythm of the business around partner management as a function to maximize growth for Surface and our partners.
- Understand technical aspects of Surface devices and accessory interactions to assist in design and product development with partners.
- Structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
- Guide partner products from concept through to delivery to market.
- Understand customer scenarios and market dynamics for the ecosystem.
- Help us innovate and grow our business and the businesses of our partners!
- 7+ years of partner management or customer-facing leadership
- Demonstrated skill in managing difficult 3rd parter scenarios
- Bachelor's or Masters degree
- An aptitude and desire to learn.
- A willingness to be a leader and make decisions.
- Hardware development experience.
- Dynamics/CRM or related tools experience.
- Development of team process and measurements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.