Job Title: Senior Hardware Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Oakville, ON
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Experience Level (Years) 6+ years
- Contribute to the design, analysis, and testing of medical electrical systems from product conception through early product shipment. Includes specification, testing and documenting components, assemblies, cables and sub-systems and integrating them into a system where safety, function, appearance, reliability and cost are all optimized.
- Coordinate with software developers, hardware engineers and mechanical engineers to ensure optimal performance of the system.
- Integrate custom-designed medical devices and software with third-party components into fully functional systems.
- Prepare the documentation (including Risk management and Risk Assessment) and the product to enter IEC lab for safety and EMC testing
- Conduct, guide, and achieve compliance testing of products to applicable safety standards and regulations, including EMC/EMI, ESD, EFT and Safety testing as per IEC60601 standards
- Thorough knowledge of EMC and ESD design and trouble shoot failures in the IEC lab. Provide solutions and work with hardware design to implement the solutions
- Participate in quality improvement and safety assessment process for the product including reliability analysis and risk management.
- Stay up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures related to this job, which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
- Analog and Digital design,
- Experience in designing for EMI/EMC compliance
- Medical standard awareness
- Meeting timing requirement
- Good team player
- Good Communication skills.