You will be a natural problem solver and adept at automating intricate tasks. You will possess exceptional documentation ability. Impeccable communication skills and attention to detail, along with the technical skills to do the job, are a must. You will be passionate about IT, quick to grasp new concepts, and have a strong desire to help others. In addition, you will thrive in a high-energy environment where you must solve problems and perform work that is routinely done with minimal direct supervision.
This position will report to Linode’s Datacenter Operations Manager. The position is 40 hours per week and is headquartered in Linode's Philadelphia, PA office but may require travel among Haddonfield, NJ, and Galloway, NJ offices. Occasional travel to our 8 worldwide datacenters and our hardware manufacturers and vendors will also be required.
- Create, perform, and automate benchmarking, compatibility, and burn-in test procedures
- Compile and interpret test results
- Make configuration recommendations for new hardware builds
- Keep abreast of future component releases and trends to continue to develop the Linode hardware roadmap
- Maintain internal documentation
- Maintain relationships with vendors, hardware manufacturers, and technical contacts
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a similar role
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent field preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience with bash scripting or anotherscriptinglanguage
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and components
- Extensive understanding of server configuration - BIOS, RAID etc.
- Strong research and documentation skills
- Ability to speak with Managers, technical/non-technical people, and datacenter contacts
- An outgoing, friendly, and helpful personality is required
- Position is based out of Philadelphia, PA
- Must be able to occasionally travel to Linode’s Haddonfield, NJ, and Galloway, NJ offices
- Must be able to travel to Linode’s global datacenters, approved vendors, and hardware manufacturers.