We are currently seeking a highly motivated senior engineer to join the Kimberly-Clark Professional Global R&D Team, passionate about leading hardware development for the smart delivery system platform. Specifically, this person will work withinternal and external partners on technology design, development and validation to craft hardware solutions for new smart dispensing offerings. The role would be based in Roswell, GA and work with the Senior Manager of Global Health and Wellness R&D.
The role is meaningful to developing smart/IoT based solutions for our branded systems that will deliver an excellent customer experience. You will be a catalyst in building upon established brand foundations work to produce novel smart delivery system solutions for the target customer. Further, they will be a key work withinternal and external design and technology development partners to identify ways to rapidly prototype, test, and bring designs to market. This position requires an individual who thrives in a rapid learning cycle environment and is highly proficient in a broad array of embedded technologies.
- Design, develop, and integrate hardware solutions into novel smart/connected consumable product delivery systems
- Lead hardware and firmware design aspects of the program in coordination with external partners from concept to production
- Lead hardware architecture development and component selection process with an ability to translate design trade-offs into digestible communication for business leaders
- Provide coaching and mentorship to less expert team members
- Communicate and document project plans and results to key partners
- Document and protect intellectual property
- Serve as the subject matter authority for embedded systems and hardware/firmware for the global business unit
- A Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a related major scientific field or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a variety of technical assignments
- 5+ years of experience as an embedded systems, firmware, or hardware engineer working with the following: MCU architecture/selection, system integration, UART, I2C communication protocols, low power design, sensor integration
- Practical experience with C/C++, and scriptinglanguages(Python, Perl, etc)
- Functional experience with IoT based wireless technologies such as Wifi, Zigbee, BLE, LoRa, etc
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Experience handling third party vendors and taking care of contract manufacturers
- A track record of strong project leadership capabilities on projects of high complexity
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Significant experience with the design and development of high volume products
- Working knowledge with PCB layout, circuit design, and digitalcircuit test equipment
- Working experience with firmware development and control systems
- Experience working on multi-functional global business teams
Understanding of Kimberly-Clark products, procedures, and processes.