Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
What will you do at Ciena?
At Ciena we are building more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing world. This is an opportunity to impact the world by developing software and hardware technologies that impact Global Networks, Private and Public Cloud Solutions, 4G/5G communications, and SD-WAN. Developing great networking technology takes more than desire: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who reach out to the world through their respective talents. At Ciena, we provide multiple avenues for you to make the world a better place. If you’re looking for more than just a job, we invite you to explore the opportunities available and apply today.
Ciena’s Access Products Hardware team is looking for an experienced Hardware Design Verification Test (DVT) Engineer. In this role, you will be a part of high performing HW Engineering team responsible for ensuring highest possible quality products are released to market by development and execution of hardware DVT.
- Develop relationships with DVT, hardware, and software engineers
- Build a deep understanding of the architecture of Ciena’s products to develop DVT test strategies and plans
- Write and execute hardware DVT test plans
- Perform hardware DVT and help with debug to identify root cause
- Recommend purchase of capital equipment and software
- Participate in hardware design reviews to provide Design for Test (DFT) feedback, and understand the design and associated DVT implications
- Closely work with hardware and software development teams on closure of issues found during product DVT
- Participate in program meetings to communicate project status and issues
- Write test report to document DVT results
- Assist in failure and root cause analysis of customer escalations
Collaboration with stakeholders
The role is part of an R&D organization that designs, releases and sustains Packet Switching and fiber optics products for deployment in large Carriers and Internet Service Providers.
Coordinate and collaborate with other teams within the Hardware design organization and outside teams, such as Software development, test, and Operations.
- Independent, self-driven, organized and detailed-oriented
- Deeply familiar with PCB board- and system-level testing
- Test platform experience: Autotest, Labview, etc.
- Programming experience developing reusable, maintainable, and well-structured code in Python or other languages
- Expertise with test equipment relevant to the HW DVT environment, including: thermal chambers, data acquisition systems, network test and traffic generator equipment, terminal servers, power cycling systems
- Familiarity with IEEE 802.3 and TDM electrical and optical interface standards.
- Ability to read schematics and understand component datasheets
- BSEE preferred
- Minimum 5 years hardware design validation experience with a history of increasing scope of responsibility
- Experience with Ethernet switching product development