Supermicro is seeking an experienced hardware design engineer to design backplanes, add-on cards, and server motherboards. The ideal candidate must have a solid design and development background and will be responsible for specification and design of the product. This position will be located at our headquarters office in San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Responsible for schematic capture, layout checking, BOM generation, and debugging/testing of backplane, add-on card, or server motherboard products.
- Collaborate with layout engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, firmware engineers, product engineers and other teams to discover and solve any engineering issues to ensure and enhance the quality of the products.
- Prepare technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, and test procedures.
- Ensure the products conform to engineering specifications, EMC, energy regulations, and customer performance expectations.
- Provide clear documentation and strong technical support to contract manufacturers and production department during the product sample and production stages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSEE or MSEE with 7+ years of experience on board level design preferred.
- Familiar with multi-phase VRM, high speed signal handling (PCIE/SAS/SATA/USB), DDR4 memory, signal integrity, eye diagram, transmission line, and EMI.
- Wide knowledge of PCB layout and simulation.
- In-depth knowledge of server motherboard design and x86 system architecture.
- Self-motivated team player with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.