Supermicro is seeking Senior Hardware Design Engineer to design schematics, layout check, BOM creation, and specifications or modifying and enhancing existing designs for server mother board products. This position will be part of our design team based out of our headquarter office located in San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Responsible for schematics capture, layout checking, BOM generating, and debugging and testing of server mother boards / add-on cards / backplane products
- Collaborate with layout engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, firmware engineers, product engineers and other teams to discover and solve any engineering issues in early stage to ensure and enhance the quality of the products
- Prepare technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Accomplish the products to conform to engineering specifications, EMC and energy regulations, and customer performance expectations
- Provide the clear documents and strong technical supports to the contract manufacturers and production department during the product sample and production stages
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MSEE (5+ years) or BSEE (8+ years) of experienceworking with x86 server / workstation boards is a plus
- Deep understanding of X86 architecture; Comprehensive knowledge on the PCB layout, debugging tools and software, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.
- Wide knowledge of PCB layout, OrCAD/Allegro tools, circuit design, and PCB structure
- Knowledge of high speed circuit design and voltage regular circuit design
- Digital scope and high speed bus measurement
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving capability
- Quick learning and outstanding problem-solving capabilities; Excellent working quality and productivity
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic on working in a fast-paced environment