Social networking, machine learning, and big data analytics demand ever-increasing network connectivity. RANOVUS, with operations in Ottawa, Canada, Nuremberg, Germany, and San Jose, USA, is a solution provider for the next generation data center infrastructures. We aim to deliver advanced technology that minimizes environmental impact through lower power dissipation. Working with world class fabrication partners, RANOVUS is the leader in the application of unique new technologies to fiber-optic communications products for data-centers.
We are seeking a Senior Hardware Design Engineer to join our R&D team in Ottawa.
Responsibilities generally include:
- Provide input to HW design architecture
- Conduct peer design reviews
- Aid in definition of circuit pack functional requirements
- Aid in Component engineering including selection, coding and review.
- Capture circuit level schematics
- Design Simulation
- Develop Stackups
- Manage PCB layout resources
- Work with high-speed RF transmission lines
- Bring up, debug and characterization of designs
- Author, maintain and contribute to design documentation including:
- Product System Requirements,
- Functional Specifications,
- Hardware Design Specifications,
- Verification Test Plans,
- ECO Documentation and Design Release
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in progressive roles.
- Board level design experience including:
- High-speed digital circuits,
- Analog circuits,
- Power supply design,
- Processors and microcontrollers,
- Clock distribution,
- Experience designing with Thermal management
- Experience in EMI/EMC Compliance
- Experience in Schematic Capture tools (Cadence)
- Experience with PCB Layout Design Tools (Cadence Allegro)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis
- Experience with HW tracking and testing
- Experience with Lab Characterization tools:
- Oscilloscopes, DVM, Spectrum Analyzers, Optical test equipment
- Experience in a lab environment including trouble shooting issues
- Proven self-starter and team player