At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Senior Hadoop/Pentaho/AWS Administrator to join our team in Halifax, NS.
- The overall coordination of support for the Data Sense platform.
- Monitoring Service Manager and ensuring Emergency & High tickets are being worked upon.
- Tracking ticket assignments, their current progress & closure.
- Serve as the main technical point of contact for clients, and assist the team in answering any queries or clarifications.
- Respond to client escalations and help the team to satisfy any queries clients may have.
- Provide workable solutions to business partners by setting up processes and jobs to help achieve their testing needs.
- Ensure that important communications from client is shared with the NTT Data offshore team and understood.
- Resolve any access issues faced by offshore team members and support the team logistically.
- Perform impact analysis, estimation and tracking of progress for upgrades, change request and/or any SR tickets being worked upon.
- Identify and develop new procedures and processes to support the platform, and prepare supporting documentation.
- Conduct training as required for support team members and develop on-boarding processes and training materials as needed, particularly as it related to any new tools adopted by the platform.
- Ensure quality service - perform quality checks and log customer defects to Defect Log.
- On-call Support required during weekends & off-hours.
- Attend synch-up & client meetings and communicate the minutes.
- 5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 5+ years of Data Integration experience with Oracle.
- 3+ years of experience with Pentaho (Data Integration tool).
- 3+ years of strong understanding in (one or several of these): Hortonworks HDP, Cloudera CDH, Hive, Impala (Parquet), Spark, ELK Stack (Elastic search), Oozie, Zookeeper.
- 3+ years of experience working with several AWS deployment while implementing or supporting solutions with EC2, Redshift, S3, EMR, IAM, Lambda, SQS, etc.
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack.
- Understanding and hands-on technical expertise of ETL/data flows, services layer, and data warehousing projects.
- Experience leading large projects for Information delivery, Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Experience supporting data ecosystems with integration data flows to/from Hadoop from RDBMs (Oracle), along with experience supporting 3rd part feeds (custom technical solutions).
- Working knowledge of Linux – familiarity with shell commands, kernel parameters and how to monitor usage & performance at the Linux OS level.
- Knowledge of one or more security models – Kerberos, LDAP, SSH keys, etc.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to communicate technical issues to a non-tech audience.
- Critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.