Senior Hadoop Business Systems Analyst
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Information Management, the successful candidate will:
• Work on business systems analysis including requirements gathering, technical documentation and systems analysis..
• Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business
• Work with the Solution Designers and contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
• Apply technical background/understanding, business knowledge, system knowledge in the elicitation of Systems Requirements for projects
• Support testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing; participate in the testing of developed systems/solutions
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• University degree.
• 8+ years of experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a business systems analyst.
• 5+ years of experience with Big Data tools and technologies including working in a Production environment of a Hadoop Project.
• Hands on experience with Python, Hive, SQL and Hadoop.
• Programming experience in Bash scripting.
• Big Data Development using Hadoop Ecosystem including Pig, Hive and other Cloudera tools.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to a Big Data environment.
• Experience with large-scale distributed applications.
• Proven understanding and related experience with Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Hue, Git and/or MapReduce.
• Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef, Puppet).
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
• Prefer experience with Cloudera Hadoop distribution components and custom packages.
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience.
• Coordinate with Team for project deliverables - lead and document project status meetings.
• Excellent planning, organization, communication and thought leadership skills.
• Highly organized with good time management skills and Customer service orientation.
• Experience in banking or insurance domain highly preferred.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Proven ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to see the big picture (thinking out of the box).
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
Position ID: J0218-1311