Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Engineer supporting the Long Range Systems Division on the Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW) Program. Their mission is to conduct rapid prototyping of a conventional, hypersonic standoff missile with the capability to strike time-critical, fixed soft surface targets in a contested environment.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide resources with knowledge and experience in the development, test and acquisition of Navigation systems involving the use of GPS, Inertial and other advanced technologies for Armament Systems.
- Support the Payload Delivery Vehicle (PDV) and Booster Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) on development, test, and acquisition of GPS, Inertial (IMUs) and advanced technologies.
- Provide inputs and recommendations on Statements of Objectives (SOOs), System Specifications, Interface Control Documents (ICDs), and technical evaluations.
- Support analysis and requirement development of GPS jammer detection and location algorithms and technologies.
- Engage/Support HCSW GNC SME on evaluating and assessing system performance, GPS jamming threats, jamming scenario analysis, AJ algorithm development, integration and test.
- Required: Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, with 15+ years of relevant experience; or PhD + 5-25 years relevant experience
- Current Secret Clearance w/ability to obtain a TS
- US Citizen
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
- Capability to conduct analysis and define requirements of GPS jammer detection and location algorithms and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in GPS receiver technologies (SAASM, M-Code), GPS modernization (civil and military), IMU technologies (current and evolving), various Kalman Filtering algorithms for integrating GPS/INS and other multiple sensors (multi-lateration, tightly-coupled, ultra-tightly-coupled, Transfer Alignment of weapons, etc.), and Communication and Data-Link technologies.
- Knowledge of GPS processing techniques such as Kinematic GPS, various types of Differential GPS, M&S of GPS, including GPS Interference & Navigation Tool (GIANT), and INS systems (error characteristics, issues), and accuracy factors.
- Knowledge and experience with Monte-Carlo and covariance type of statistical navigation performance analysis
- is required.
- Knowledge and experience with various GPS receiver related specifications, ICDs
- and GPS Control segment capabilities are required.
- Knowledge and experience to support the evaluation and assessment of GPS jamming threats, jamming scenario analysis, Anti-Jam algorithm development, integration and test (Antenna Wave-Front simulator, Anechoic Chamber, JAMFEST etc.) for Armament Systems.
- Knowledge and experience in research, analysis, requirements definition, and integration of alternate navigation systems for GPS-Denied scenarios (Advanced IMUs, Star-Tracking, Electro-Optical sensing, Image Navigation etc.).
- Experience in assessing and researching other competing GNSS systems such as GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, etc. for NAVWAR or exploitation purposes.
- Knowledge and experience with real-time and post-mission navigation algorithms
- is required to support TSPI related programs.
- Knowledge and experience with existing and identification of potential truth sources for scoring navigation, guidance
- and TSPI systems
- Knowledge and experience with GPS RF simulators, non-GPS TSPI systems such as range radars and laser trackers, countermeasures (RF and EA), and range infrastructure, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with various signal processing techniques (waveforms, modulation
- and de-modulation, encryption and decryption, error correction coding, parameter estimation, etc.), networking, messaging, link budgeting, and spectrum management etc.
- Ability to work in a high tempo environment
- Experience with C++, SimuLink, & MATLAB for M&S and Test data analyses
- For Mechanical Engineers: Dynamic Systems, Control Systems, and Thermal/Fluids areas of academic study are a plus for junior candidates
- Current TS clearance
- Work Location: Eglin AFB, Bldg 350, 5th Floor (SAP Facility)
- Travel required (~20%)