Join one of the leading Biosimilars Pharmaceutical Sciences organizations in the industry. As a leader in the biosimilars sector with approved products in the U.S. and Europe and an industry-leading biosimilars pipeline, Pfizer offers an exciting opportunity for strong scientists to join our global biosimilars R&D team. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Principal Scientist with a strong technical background in leading analytical development for recombinant protein products to join our global Biosimilars Pharmaceutical Sciences team in Lake Forest, IL.
The Senior Group Leader will lead a group of scientists within Analytical Development supporting biologics programs and functional initiatives. He/she will define the technical agenda for his/her team or focus area and ensure alignment of the agenda with the relevant organizational goals. The Senior Group Leader will lead the development of analytical control strategies for assigned biologics programs and define approaches for demonstrating analytical similarity in support of regulatory submissions. He/she will ensure alignment of these strategies across biologics programs/platforms and with the relevant industry benchmarking and regulatory expectations.
- Lead technical execution of defined analytical strategies for biosimilar products, including biosimilarity assessment, CQA assessment, specification development, reference standard establishment and characterization. Lead or participate cross-functional collaborations with process/formulation development or operations to define integrated product control strategies and support drug substance/drug product development/manufacturing.
- Provide coaching, training, and administrations of performance management to his/her direct reports and other scientists within the Analytical Development group.
- Develop project and resource plans to support the biologics programs assigned to his/her team. Drive and coordinate analytical method development, optimization, qualification, and validation activities across global analytical sites.
- Ensure timely completion of high-quality technical reports/protocols and integrated cross-functional reports and/or strategy documents. Primary author and/or reviewer for analytical sections of regulatory submissions and/or briefing documents to support clinical development and marketing authorization.
- Maintain up-to-date scientific knowledge through regular literature review and participation in conferences. Leverage external data and publications and relevant industry benchmarking information to drive experimental design, data analysis and functional/cross-functional strategy development.
- Master’s Degree required in Analytical Sciences, Biochemistry or related field, Ph. D preferred.
- More than 6 years of experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry supporting the development and/or commercialization of therapeutic recombinant proteins is required.
- Demonstrated scientific and people leadership skills. Experience leading teams of scientists with varying levels of experience and formal education (B.S./M.S. and/or Ph.D.) is required.
- Extensive expertise in state-of-the-art analytical techniques for biologics product including HPLC/UPLC and Capillary Electrophoresis.
- Extensive experience with the development and qualification/validation of analytical methods for biologics products.
- Extensive experience with regulatory filings.
- Experience defining and implementing analytical control strategies for biologics products.
- Experience with cross-functional development of recombinant therapeutic proteins for pharmaceutical use, including knowledge of key regulatory and quality/compliance expectations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to lead cross functional and/or multi-geography teams.
The role will require a combination of activities in office and laboratory environments, which will require sitting and standing for extended periods. The ability to analyze and evaluate complex and multifaceted data sets is required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel to internal and external customer and partner sites may be required.