We are looking for an experienced backend developer comfortable designing, developing & maintaining complex data services, with a focus on flexibility and developer experience. We’re a small (<20) engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- Design, build, deploy and iterate on new features and capabilities of the Archipelago SaaS API platform stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers, design, and product to build out new capabilities and designs.
- Build fast but design for the future through architecting efficient and reusable components.
- Own the quality of your deliverable through good design, implementation and unit testing.
- Ship code to production frequently.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience providing backend development to products and enterprise software
- 2+ years of experience working with Golang and background with other back end languages and tools
- Strong knowledge of RESTful APIs and well developed practices around, versioning, error handling on remote interfaces
- Experience with integrating 3rd party APIs
- Experience working in cloud based environments, e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Building data driven services on top of database such as Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.
Desired but not Required
- Experience building applications for the insurance industry.
- Containerization experience targeting Docker and Kubernetes.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like