Careers that Change Lives
The Senior Global Support Engineer, as part of the Robotics Assisted Surgery (RAS) service team, will be responsible for providing product technical troubleshooting of the Global field technical escalations, spare parts provisioning and development of field replaceable unit strategy in collaboration with the RAS operations team and Principal technical Service Lead.
This individual is considered an expert in the field within the Medtronic organization. Key measure of success is the uptime management, internal and external customer satisfaction and functional objectives as well as Service specific goals and objectives. In this role, the individual will help implement and monitor service projects/processes associated with the Robotic Assisted Surgery System.
This role will represent service on all appropriate business groups. This work includes working closely with factory and field management and cross functional teams on the Field service aspects of new product introductions, field technical trainings as well as providing Level III technical support to the field. A Day in the Life
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Lead and drive Field service escalation program management for supporting installed RAS systems.
- Provide LIII engineering field support by following the appropriate use of the escalation process, when other avenues for resolution are exhausted. This activity may include travel to sites to perform both system repair, validation, and data gathering
- Validation of warranty claim submissions and assist in the review of field service issues for appropriate classification and root cause analysis.
- Deliverables including technical training, Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) upgrades strategy and implementation. Work very closely with Regional Field Service management to coordinate activities
- Be a services ECO representative. Includes both ECO origination for service based deliverables as well as ECO approval for all business activities with Service impact
- Provide timely and accurate follow-up to broader Services team (outside of RAS S&R) for call closure and escalation follow-up
- Develop content, validate, and release Technical Service Bulletins/Manuals to support field/factory activities
- Develop global spares provisioning and parts availability management by developing and maintaining the FRU and parts on-hand guidelines in collaboration with the RAS operations group
- Develop, maintain, and distribute quarterly actionable service metrics specific to RAS service activities
- Active participation in RAS quality system. Function as a liaison between service team and the quality group. Ensure accurate collection of data on system performance
- Assist in the analysis of data against the installed base to show correlations. Function as a liaison between engineering staff and customer base to improve the functionality of the system
- Provide appropriate follow-up communications with internal and external customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned/requested by management
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System
- Travel requirement (some international): 40-60%
Nice to Have
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 7+ years of service experience, 3+ years medical device experience with robotics technologies a plus.
- 3+ years of computer experience providing technical support & services. Including equipment and application support.
- Biomedical Engineering Degree or similar
Specialized Knowledge Preferred:
- Familiarity with most commonly used test equipment (i.e.: power supplies, DVM's, signal generators, flow meters, etc).
- Ability to read and understand schematics and engineering drawings
- Familiar with the FDA 21 CFR, CGMP for Medical devices
- Demonstrable skills in Microsoft Office products as well as ERP and CRM software packages (such as SAP, Service MAx and SalesForce.com)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner, are necessary to accomplish this task
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented in resolving customer issues and meeting customer requirements
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high degree of organizational, technical, and business competence
- Ability to function well under pressure and expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines
- Systems are primarily used in the operating room, so healthcare/surgical setting experience
- Familiarity with FDA product requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Experience with robotics or motion control helpful.
- Highly organized with the ability to be flexible, multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)