Global Senior Product Manager - Software
We are seeking a seasoned product manager to join a large, global company in the Charlotte, NC area. Relocation assistance is available. This role will be focused on the company's software product offerings.
We are looking for an experienced Global Senior Product Manager to drive a software product line This is a classical product manager role responsible for all aspects of the product line from ideation to end-of-life, and is measured in terms of product lifecycle execution and P&L. It is an excellent position for the development of general management skills.
The person in this role, which has a global scope, will work closely with regional product management, sales leadership, engineering, finance and marketing communications. The product sells mainly through a global network of distributors and resellers, so experience with a channel-centric business is valuable.
The successful product marketing manager will demonstrate a whole-product, complete solution awareness, centered on the software, but inclusive of hardware and services, to maintain differentiation and margins in a highly competitive environment.
- Be the leader, champion and internal face of the product Drive all aspects of the product life cycle from concept to end-of-life
- Define and gain management approval for strategies, policies and plans for the product line
- Define product requirementsbased on primary and secondary research with customers, sales, partners, and internal sources
- Understand the target customers and define the value proposition
- Understand the competition; establish and manage a roadmapto ensure a sustainable competitive advantage
- Working within teams:
- Develop and execute plans addressing product, pricing, messaging, competitive positioning, product launch and promotion
- Develop the business case including NPI forecast
- Maintain an accurate forecast to inform revenue expectations and factory planning
- Work with Regional Marketing, Sales and Corporate Communications to evangelize and promote the product to achieve quarterly revenue and profit goals
- 5-15 years of experience in technology product management, with at least 3 recent years managing software products
- Demonstrated aptitude in complex technology conceptsacquired through a technical degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership potential coupled with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence decisions made at the executive level with clearly articulated, evidence-based arguments
- Ability to travel 10% to 30% domestically and internationally