The Senior Global Relationship Manager – Government and Education Sales implements effective strategies for long-term success by utilizing knowledge of the sales process and efficient selling techniques; applying time-management skills to planning and managing projects; continuously evaluating revenue targets; and ensuring time and resource investment to produce greater returns
- Establishes successful business relationships by actively seeking new business influencers within assigned territory of State Government; targeting line of business leadership to identify business challenges; collaborating with vendors/partners to identify opportunities for new business; attending conferences to stay current on business and market trends; building adaptive relationships; maintaining a strong ability to teach the customer; tailoring conversations to their areas of interest; providing superior customer service; having a strong ability to control the conversation; and getting the client to commit to take action.
- Engages new business by searching market for new contacts; researching active networks; diversifying opportunities; and becoming familiar with the client’s business gaining customers commitment to allocate their resources and time to the project/solution.
- Successful sales in the market by allocating critical resources; uncovering customer time and resources for the project/solution such as the people, money and time; and gaining customers commitment to allocate their resources and time to the project/solution.
- Targets high potential, challenging accounts by upselling into challenging accounts; analyzing alternative approaches; utilizing diverse methods and strategies for new opportunities; and dealing in continuous customer relationships to create successful conclusions.
- Solves customer business challenges through technology solutions by understanding customers business model; engaging in creative research and investigation; and aligning challenges to potential technology solutions.
- Prospects new sales by engaging in cold calls, direct marketing, current book of business, social media, and the existing network; identifying new sources of business; recognizing new opportunities for business; being familiar with customer’s market/industry; and having insight into the accounts and key relations.
- Manages the sales funnel by analyzing and controlling pipeline activity and monitoring sales activity against assigned quotas.
- Utilizes presentation/communication skills by working with the Microsoft Office suite of applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills; critiquing and polishing presentations; and developing interactive skills such as the whiteboard.
- Drives the sales cycle/process by understanding the customer buying process and needs; focusing on solutions; seeking to understand the challenge; utilizing a consultative approach; and obtaining customer commitments.
- Minimum of 3 years of outside Business to Business technology sales experience in ‘named’ accounts.
- Minimum of 2 years in Hosting, Cloud, and/or IP network transport sales or related high tech industry.
- Proficiency with the MS Applications Suite of products; Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Successful completion of the Sales Professional assessment.
- Familiar with local marketplace, companies and community
- Demonstrated stable track record in Sales with 3-5 years consecutive and successful sales experience within one company in the last 7 years.
- Government and/or Education sales will be very helpful.
- Strong communication, written and formal presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
Alternate Location:US-Iowa-Des Moines