***This role is located in the Charlotte, NC area. Relocation assistance is available.
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Global Product Marketing Manager to drive a segment of our Client's hardware/software product line. This is a classical product manager role responsible for all aspects of the product line from ideation to end-of-life, and is measured in terms of product lifecycle execution and P&L. It is an excellent position for the development of general management skills.
The person in this role, which has a global scope, will work closely with regional product management, sales leadership, engineering, finance and marketing communications. The product sells mainly through a global network of distributors and resellers, so experience with a channel-centric business is valuable.
The successful product marketing manager will demonstrate a whole-product, complete solution awareness, centered on the hardware, but inclusive of software and services, to maintain differentiation and margins in a highly competitive environment.
- Be the leader, champion and internal face of the product
- Drive all aspects of the product life cycle from concept to end-of-life
- Define and gain management approval for strategies, policies and plans for the product line
- Define product requirements based on primary and secondary research with customers, sales, partners, and internal sources
- Understand the target customers and define the value proposition
- Understand the competition; establish and manage a roadmap to ensure a sustainable competitive advantage
- Working within teams:
- Develop and execute plans addressing product, pricing, messaging, competitive positioning, product launch and promotion
- Develop the business case including NPI forecast
- Maintain an accurate forecast to inform revenue expectations and factory planning
- Work with Regional Marketing, Sales and Corporate Communications to evangelize and promote the product to achieve quarterly revenue and profit goals
- 5-15 years of experience in technology product management, with at least 3 recent years managing hardware products
- Demonstrated aptitude in complex technology concepts acquired through a technical degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership potential coupled with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence decisions made at the executive level with clearly articulated, evidence-based arguments
- Ability to travel 10% to 30% domestically and internationally
- Mobile computing experience
- Telecommunications experience
- Software experience
- Experience with target markets such as retail, logistics, field service or manufacturing