$100K — $150K *
Technology and Service Innovation
Position open to all USA locations.
The role is primarily responsible to develop colocation expansion business cases for approval by the Digital Realty Investment Committee (IC). This includes building a model with assumptions for: colo pricing, kW sales pacing, connectivity sales pacing, electrical power density, capex and opex expenditures.
Secondarily, the Senior Global Product Manager - Business Operations will lead cross functional teams in the development of new capacity for colocation data center offerings. In this secondary function, the Senior Global Product Manager - Business Operations will be the single point of contact for colocation expansion projects and interacts with managers, Directors, VPs and C-level team members to support new revenue growth and timely delivery of new product. The role extends after the opening of the site to ensure initial sales targets are met and a clean hand-over to the colocation Product Management team.
Additionally, the Senior Global Product Manager - Business Operations may be asked to support other Product Management business plans for new product offerings, new market entry, performance of products, or similar activities.
This is a highly visible role that touches nearly all departments within the firm and requires exceptional communications skills, influence acumen, negotiations skills and sound judgement.
· Development of Colocation Expansion Business Cases:
· Own and revise the colocation expansion Investment Analysis (IA) template for various expansion scenarios (e.g. leasehold, DLR TKD, international, etc.)
· Ensure expansion projects are backed by sound financial measures & assumptions
· Conduct follow-up assessments of expansion performance vs. original business case
· Leading cross functional teams and sub-teams in the development of sound financial case including:
· Sales teams on opportunities that require product support
· Ops and Engineering teams to ensure build-out costs, FTE requirements, and operational expenses are accounted for
· Legal for entity creation and input on localized tax laws
· Asset Managers for budget review, cost basis data, and IC package creation
· Accounting for addition of new locations codes into systems
· Marketing & Product Marketing for budgeting of events, collateral, go to market planning, etc.
· Understand all Digital Realty global colocation product offerings
· Understanding of colocation supporting departments & functions
· Delivery of New Capacity:
· Report on the status of expansion projects within the portfolio; there are often follow-up questions from the CTO, VP of Product Management and other senior leaders
· Ensure project alignment and consistency across efforts; discuss projects and areas requiring support
· Ensure all components of the colocation expansion are delivered to ensure revenue projections and customers’ expectation are met
· May attend GC meeting on occasion for construction status
· Client interaction at launch events or broader company events such as MPL
· Reporting on expansion project status
· Training/ On-Site Walk Throughs
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
· 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Business (or equivalent experience)
· 4+ years of experience with complex financial models
· 3+ years in a data center, financial services, or commercial real estate telecommunications experience
· 2+ years of project management experience preferred
· Fundamental understanding of quote to report (QTR) flow
· Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to be clear and concise
· Experience leading data center colocation expansion projects on a global scale
· Experience in wholesale and/or retail data center industries
· Experience leading acquisition/ integration projects
· Strong budgeting and analytical skills
· Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel (expert skills here), and Power Point
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills which include but are not limited to: relationship building, collaboration, influencing, and negotiating
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment
· Strong writing and verbal skills
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Valid through: 7/2/2021
$100K — $150K *
4 days ago