Job ID R-301086
Job Description Summary
The Bioscience Business Unit (BDB) has annual global revenue of approximately $1.1 billion. It accounts for approximately 28% of the Life Science Segment. Approximately 60% of this revenue is derived from outside of the United States. Products are manufactured at 4 facilities around the world (United States, Hungary, Singapore and Ireland). BDB is broken down into several business platforms, with a finance manager/analyst assigned to each platform.
Research Reagents are global business platforms that are managed on a worldwide basis, having dedicated, cross-functional teams.
BD is the global leader in the manufacture and sale of Research Instruments products. With global revenue of approximately $300 million for Instruments and around $100M for Services, the Research Instruments Platform is one of biggest and more complex businesses within the BDB business unit. Approximately 63% of this revenue is derived from the United States with strong growth from new instruments in both domestic andinternational markets. Products are manufactured at facilities in the United States and in Asia with continued possible expansion inotherlocations in the future. The Research Instruments Platform includes the FACSSymphony, FACSMelody, Fortessa, FACSFusion, Accuri, FACSCelesta, Influxand FACSAria.
The Sr. Global Platform Finance Manager – Research Instruments and Services reports to the WW FP&A Director for the BDB business unit and has a strong linkage to the WW Platform Leader for Instruments. The Sr. Finance Manager is expected to provide the necessary financial and business partnering to the Platform Leader and the platform team members for the Research Instruments & Services Team.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Being an active and integral member of the platform team, which includes attending regular team meetings, providing advice and support to the platform team leader and platform team members, being involved in the decision making process, contributing to the strategy development of the platform, providing financial support and analyses for the platform and establishing yourself as a business partner to the platform leader
- Being core team finance member on all GPDS projects within the platform, which includes attending regular meetings, preparing financial analyses, providing advice and support to the core team leader and core team and being involved in the decision making process
- Preparing and assisting in the development of budgets, projections and the Annual Strategic Review for the platform
- Understanding and providing analysis of the operating results (sales and gross profit) for the platform on a global basis and the platform spending in the U.S.; present operating results at platform team meetings
- Participating in the S&OP process as the platform finance representative; attending demand consensus and supply review meetings to ensure alignment between demand, supply and financial projections
- Working closely with plant operations to understand costing trends, capital requirements, supply issues, cost reduction initiatives, budget/projection matters, etc.; preparing or coordinating the preparation of major capital requests for each platform.
- Providing financial and business support to platform initiatives such as acquisitions, divestitures, business alliances, special projects, etc.
- Identifying assets within each platform that could potentially be impaired; preparing or coordinating the preparation of the necessary impairment analyses on a quarterly basis
- Assisting in the month-end closing process
- Must demonstrate desire and potential to advance to roles within Finance organization which will require higher levels of skill and capabilities
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience in financial analysis and reporting required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA/CPA strongly preferred
- Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with other Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse Hyperion and BPC desirable.
- Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills. Analytical skills should include a strong understanding of valuation metrics such as IRR, MIRR, net present value, terminal value, payback period, etc.
- Experience with a multi-national and matrixed organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment.
- The successful candidate will have a track record of assuming increasing responsibility.
- Ability to work in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.
- Candidate must be willing to occasionally travel both domestically and internationally; the estimated travel commitment is up to 20%.