At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at www.cepheid.com or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
The Global Logistics Program Manager is responsible for the effective management, control and coordination of projects that will impact global logistics functions and, in general, support the growth of the Cepheid business across a range of functions.
Cepheid’s Global Logistics organization is responsible for supporting both internal and external customers by efficiently and cost effectively moving, storing and managing the distribution of consumable raw materials required for manufacturing processes, tech service parts as well as the commercial distribution of all finished goods to a global customer base. As the company continues its rapid expansion, multiple projects are being worked on to increase capacity, drive efficiencies or optimize current solutions. Getting these projects completed in an organized and timely way is the focus of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure decisions are taken in accordance with the strategy of the company
- Apply continuous improvement principles in all projects
- Work closely with HR and management teams to identify appropriate internal and external project resources.
- Possess above average knowledge of all of Cepheid’s key business streams
- Act as the primary contact for any relevant project related issues
- Provide Financial and management information reporting
- Highlight potential obstacles to successful project completion making appropriate recommendations to resolve problems
- Escalate issues as necessary for prompt and effective resolution
- Facilitate and follow up with internal and external teams to ensure key milestones and plans are achieved.
- Identify, design and deliver appropriate and timely project related communications to key stakeholders and project teams
- Develop appropriate contingency plans
- Initial role would be as an individual contributor, but expectations are role will move towards a management position overseeing additional headcount
- Support other logistics managers and their functional and operational needs for manufacturing, transportation, IT integration, planning, purchasing and order management and fulfillment.
- Manage to a budget.
- Actively use Danaher business systems to manage daily operations.
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience ORMaster’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience (Certified Project Managerpreferred)
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Works effectively in multi-cultural international environment
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Flexible approach
- Able to demonstrate good judgment in decision making
- Ability to plan ahead and resolve issues before they escalate
- Articulate, self-motivated and capable of managing multiple personality types
- Designs clear project plans and timely status summaries and clear updates on all action items
- Demonstrated ability to lead global project teams, create workable plans with achievable timelines, hit key milestones and deliver projects on time per planned completion dates
- Healthcare/Diagnostics sector experience would be an advantage
- Experience in an international business environment within a matrix structure is required
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- 15% International travel will be required
- Solid understanding of Logistics processes, manufacturing operations process flows and the role of IT and automation for both
- Proficient working with an ERP system (preferably SAP)
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
- 10-years working in a logistics environment
- 5-years’ experience actively using ERP systems, preferred SAP
- 5-years’ experience managing people
- Mandarin or French or Hindi language skills
Job ID: CEP002748