Job ID: CEP001074
The Senior GL Accountant reports into the Accounting Manager. This position will be responsible for tracking all cash account activity, maintaining prepaid and intangible schedules and recording accurate monthly amortization, and maintaining deferred rent schedules and reporting monthly deferred rent amortization. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in general ledger accounting with a firm emphasis on attention to detail. This role requires the candidate to have good technical skills and practice analytical thinking. You will need to have the ability to effectively communicate your work clearly with various groups.
- Actively participate in the monthly close process, including working independently on preparing journal entries, monthly accruals, and account reconciliations for assigned areas of responsibility
- Track all daily cash account activity and investigate and resolve any discrepancies. Record required journal entries and perform monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain prepaid, intangible and non-current schedules and record accurate monthly amortization.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining accurate deferred rent schedules and recording monthly deferred rent amortization.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness of Month end JE listing and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist Manager in the preparation for audits including verification of transactions; ensure adequate documentation and preparation of schedules
- Assist with special projects related to year-end reporting and tax etc.
- Extract and prepare ad hoc reports for management as needed.
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, and maintaining updated documentation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus
- 5+ years of accountant/analyst experience
- Strong verbal and written skills along with solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills including knowledge of GAAP and sound understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced growing environment
- Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner.
- Solid organizational skills: task prioritization and effective time management.
- Proficient in Excel with advanced experience using Functions, Pivot tables and V-Lookups
- SAP and BPC experiencepreferred.