Job Title: Senior GIS Front End Developer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- We are looking for a talented and energetic Senior geospatial solutions front end developer to lead the development of new web GIS applications; as well as maintain current applications using the latest frameworks and technologies available to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Primary focus of this role will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance.
- You will work in a team with designers, back-end developer, GIS Analysts to design, develop and implement geospatial solutions.
- Design, develop, and support web-based geospatial applications
- Incorporating interactive maps and other geospatial visualization/analysis technologies into web interfaces of existing systems, as well as creating new web-based data visualization and geospatial interfaces
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Coordinate the workflow between the graphic designers
- Support concurrent initiatives specific to infrastructure and software development
- Support the installation of software components in testing and production environments
- Support end-to-end project plans and ensuring timely delivery, issues escalation/reporting
- Integration with external web (map) services
- Integrate a diverse set of data into custom geospatial applications
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor' degree in Computer Science, GIS or other geospatial disciplines
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Experience with software and web development principles, concepts, and methods;
- Experience with Angular 5 and Dojo is a requirement.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core Angular
- Experience with object-relational databases (Postgre SQL or MySQL);
- Geospatial data experience (SHP, KML, GeoJSON) as well as OGC standards (WMS, WFS)
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Proficiency with web GIS tools, particularly those used for map tiling and creating mashups/online interactive maps (Google Maps API, MapBox, OpenLayers and the Google Earth plugin);
- Interest and experience in design and have artistic flair in data visualization
- Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Professional, precise communication skills