WSP is currently seeking an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer to help lead the growth of our National Capital Region offices. The incumbent will have a strong technical background in geotechnical engineering coupled with experience in the consulting industry.
- Working on all assignments on projects of low to high complexity;
- Coordinate staff on a project level;
- Mentor junior staff to advance technical knowledge within the company;
- Reviewing reports, proposal and technical specifications;
- Using professional judgement independently;
- Completing analysis of information and report preparation;
- Preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation;
- Complete invoicing for projects completed;
- Client contact and business development.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO);
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering, post-graduate degree in civil engineering;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience and a strong background in geotechnical engineering and field investigations;
- Must be mobile and willing to work on a combination of field and office work;
- Occasional travel will be required;
- Proficiency with common geotechnical and other software is required;
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing and verbal communication in English are essential;
- French verbal communication will be considered an asset;
- Ability to think and act independently, while accepting direction;
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues;
- Excellent computer and technical writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment are essential.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).