TRC is seeking Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Midlothian, VA to remotely support our growing Engineering and Remediation Practice in Greenville, SC. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and experience in geotechnical engineering on geo-environmental and renewable (solar & wind) energy.
Our engineering staff provide support for permitting, design, and construction of a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial, utility, renewable energy, and public sector/private clients. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer position provides clients with all aspects of consulting from proposal preparation to project execution, as well as expertise in geotechnical field work and data interpretation. The position focuses on a candidate developing skills to establish an environmental and geotechnical practice/client base; managing existing clients, workloads, and mentoring junior staff members by example.
- Identifying and leading project and client pursuits.
- Serving in a project management, QA and/or lead technical role for a wide range of projects of various degrees of complexity.
- Ensuring that project work is executed on time, within budget and in accordance with the Client's requirements and TRC policies.
- Performing geotechnical analysis and preparing engineering calculations, reports, plans, specifications, and other contract documents as applicable, especially for larger, more complex projects.
- Provide construction quality assurance services for projects.
- Providing in-depth technical knowledge and guidance for geotechnical pursuits and geotechnical design and construction applications.
- Lead projects from design through implementation; oversee preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets.
- Perform regular client engagement resulting in continually expanding client trust relationships.
- Develop proposals resulting in the award of new work with clients.
- Provide highly-competent technical leadership resulting in successful project delivery.
- Deliver meticulous project financial management resulting in consistently profitable work.
- Perform sales development of clients through direct client contact and support of peer sellers within TRC.
- Build, develop and grow business relationships, secure project work, manage execution of projects, and provide support to seller/doer staff nationally for TRC.
- Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with ability to obtain reciprocity to targeted states where TRC performs work.
- 15+ years of engineering consulting firm experience with an emphasis on geotechnical engineering on solid waste, wastewater impoundment, soil remediation and renewable (solar & wind) energy projects.
- Experience with landfill evaluation, design, and construction, including both municipal and industrial solid waste units.
- Experience with geotechnical support of site remediation projects, including construction dewatering, in-situ stabilization/solidification and soil removal/disposal.
- Experience with landfill gas monitoring, analysis and collection system design.
- Experience with geotechnical design solutions using geosynthetic materials.
- Experience with grading and slope stability analysis.
- Construction quality assurance/management experience.
- Project management and client development experience for geo-environmental projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software. Experience with geotechnical and solid waste modeling software (slope stability, seepage, settlement, HELP, LMOP).
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and OSHA physical.
The following skills and experience a plus:
- Master's degree in related field.
- Experience with energy related projects, specifically renewable energy (wind, solar, etc.).
- Experience with Coal Combustion Residual material
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification.