As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer you will be responsible for plans, designs, and directing engineering testing projects such as predevelopment, geotechnical design civil design support where necessary.
Your day as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer at UES will be both challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a typical day, you can be expected to:
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Prepares cost proposals and designs scope of work for prospective clients.
- Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data.
- Attends meetings to present technical data to the client and other professionals.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, testing schedules and designs for project.
- Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering test plans, specifications, and safety standards.
- Directs where necessary activities at project site.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- 5+ years of geotechnical experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License.