Requisition ID: 74245
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of constructionexperience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer position is responsible for engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business. This position requires in-depth knowledge of geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design associated with heavy civil construction. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will work with interdisciplinary teams that may include structural engineers, roadway engineers, drainage engineers, material engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis and design. Our geotechnical engineering staff supports project pursuits, awarded projects, and construction engineering. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the production and/or review of engineering reports, geotechnical analysis, and directing the work of staff geotechnical engineers.
***This position requires travel to project offices and work sites and periodic field assignments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business
• Supports the bid phase development of innovative and cost-effective design
• Works within the pursuit team during the bid phase to help identify key geotechnical design risks and develops plans to mitigate risks
• Supports efforts to capture and share design lessons and innovations to all Districts
• Works with interdisciplinary engineering teams and design subcontractors to ensure the most cost-effective design is developed
• Trains and develops staff geotechnical engineers
• Master’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent experience required
• 11+ years of post-graduate geotechnical engineering experience required, 15+ years preferred
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S; NCEES Record a plus
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering
• Experience with support of excavation, earth retention, slope stability, rock mechanics, soft soils, ground improvement, deep foundations, shallow foundations, and/or dewatering is an asset
• Experience working in a team setting and directing the work of others
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Ability to travel to project sites and/or relocate based on business needs