Senior Geologist / Project Manager
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a Project Manager/Senior Geologist (RG) to work in our Phoenix, AZ office location.
The Project Manager/Senior Geologist (RG) will manage environmental projects related to state, municipal, and commercial clients. The selected candidate will be responsible for: task and project management, preparing technical reports, development and oversight of field sampling and field procedures, supervision of soil and groundwater investigations, feasibility studies, remediation design, business development and preparation of proposals, and assistance in staff development in technical areas. This is a client facing role, so previous project management experience is highly desired.
• Proposal writing, and cost estimating to obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors.
• Interfacing with clients, subcontractors, working groups, and internal customers
• Field work including supervision of soil and groundwater investigations, sampling activities, and subcontractor oversight.
• Preparing technical reports, memos, response to comments tables, and diagrams. Must be a competent technical writer.
• Work with Arizona Department of Environmental Quality on a variety of remediation projects.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Geology required. Advanced degree preferred. Registered Geologist (RG) required.
• 8 years minimum professional environmental consulting experience is required, with a history of increasing responsibility.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required. Ability to work directly with clients, vendors, subcontractors and staff at all levels.
• OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training required. OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training and 8-hour OSHA Supervisors of Hazardous Waste Operations Training preferred.
• Certified Project Manager highly desired.
• Understanding and experience with statistical analysis of environmental data.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.