- Partner closely with people managers, colleagues, HR Business Partners and site leaders in our Western region. IHS Markit’s Colorado area locations include more than 500 colleagues from various lines of business.
- Assist in developing, implementing and administering company HR programs that meet current needs while also anticipating future business and talent trends.
- Responsible for coordinating and administering activities in a majority of HR functions including employment, colleague relations, learning and development, diversity, colleague engagement, and colleague events.
- Advise management regarding personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions as consistent with strategic direction.
- Assist the HR organization during the annual performance management, salary planning and benefits enrollment processes (and all other annual HR programs).
- Analyze business challenges, current HR programs and external market best practices/trends to identify improvement opportunities.
- Understand all applicable governmental regulations and advocate compliance requirements.
- Counsel colleagues and leaders concerning work-related problems and explain HR policies and programs.
- Assist with the rollout of updated or new HR programs and initiatives both globally and locally
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience in organizational development/redesign and ability to build strong partnerships at all levels within the organization
- Strong change management and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in conducting workplace investigations
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels from front line managers to senior executives
- Experience supporting organizations with globally diverse cultures and geographically dispersed colleague bases
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven experience as a successful coach to leaders and colleagues related to work challenges, change management efforts, managing poor performers etc.
- Excellent analytical, reporting and quantitative capabilities
- Ability to travel between Colorado offices with additional support to the Region support.
6 + years relevant HR experience, ideally in a professional services setting.