Rockstar Toronto is searching for enthusiastic individuals to join our Gameplay team. As part of the team you will be working directly with designers and animators creating world class gameplay mechanics. This is a highly creative role where you will have the opportunity to influence core parts of the games we create.
You will be working on the animation side of character mechanics, such as locomotion, cover or combat. This involves working closely with our animation team to implement code systems and animation blend trees to realise the vision of the game directors. This will be an iterative process with continual reviews where we tune and polish features to produce the best combination of realism and responsiveness.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer you will be expected to drive feature development forward. You’ll be in a position to contribute significantly to game feature design.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years AAA games programming experience.
- Experience working with animations and animation trees.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Excellent team communication skills.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.