Roblox’s imagination platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment. Roblox enables kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive experiences on their phones, desktops, consoles, and VR. Powered by a growing global community of millions of creators, Roblox enables anyone to build, publish, and monetize their creations.
ComScore ranks Roblox as one of the top digital properties in the US for kids under the age of 18 and has been named One of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Inc. 5000 for two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Senior Rendering Engineer, you will solve difficult challenges while continuing to build a high-speed, completely dynamic environment connected to all devices. You will come up with ideas for graphics effects and features leveraged by our 400K strong developer community to create stunning content. All of this is based on an in-house rendering engine built from the ground up, supporting DirectX 9/11, OpenGL, GNM, Metal, and Vulkan GAPI’s. We have a powerful need for top-notch, low-level and high-level graphics work. The games on the ROBLOX platform are completely dynamic, anything can change at any time, and our rendering engine has to excel in this dynamic environment. This is where you come into play!
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming (5+ years of experience): multithreading, pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are your tools for writing high-performance code
- Fluent in 3D math and algorithms
- Eager to learn: finding a new challenge makes your day; learning a new tool makes your week
- Self-sustained: you can break down high-level tasks and drive them to completion
- Real-time rendering (3+ years professional experience)
- Performance-driven focus that translates into clean and tightly optimized code
- Knowledge of shader development in High Level Shader Languages (HLSL) or equivalent
- Console development and game engine experience - you are awesome!
- Strong desire to build new features and continuously improve the quality of our product
- Investigate and implement new rendering techniques to make ROBLOX graphics more immersive and expressive
- Work on cool new projects, such as dynamic sky, physically-based shading, and shader-based lighting system
- Work with technical artists to develop stunning visuals and improve the performance and stability of our game engine
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.