As a Game Engineer on our Reference Game team, you’ll be working to build world class game code for high quality experiences on Roblox. Your work will push our game engine to its maximum potential, to help define the state of the art in Roblox game development. Systems architected by you will be open sourced to our community to provide clean, highly readable code examples. If you have a passion for building amazing, well engineered games you’ll be right at home within our rapidly growing Reference Game team.
- Amazing at game programming (4-5 years of professional experience): Living and breathing game development is your passion. Lua/C++ experience preferred.
- Passionate about well written code: Writing code that is easy to understand and maintain is important to you.
- Eager to learn: finding a new challenge makes your day; learning a new tool makes your week
- Self-sufficient: you can break down high-level tasks and drive them to completion
- Multi-input oriented: you jump with ease between gamepad, mouse, touch, and VR input.
- Develop game code that powers interesting games on Roblox, that we share with the community as high quality examples.
- Work closely with the game engine team to solve blockers that may arise in developing games.
- Develop a wide variety of gameplay mechanics that are possible using our game engine.
- Work on every client Roblox supports, from mobile phone clients to high powered PCs to consoles.
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full life-cycles.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- Onsite laundry service
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community