Who We Are:
AuthorDigital is a fast growing, female-led game studio in the PNW** that is currently in the early stages of developing an unannounced title of epic proportions for a fantastic IP. This is your chance to join our talented team of industry veterans and have a direct impact on a game that is sure to be magical!
What You’ll Do:
AuthorDigital is seeking a Senior Game Engineer to help develop a new game that includes a wide variety of play types. As a senior engineer you'll collaborate closely with designers, artists, QA, and other engineers to understand and then solve fundamental technical challenges for the game. You will be responsible for creating game play systems needed to create a rich and fun player experience. This is an opportunity to help design new systems from the ground up and potentially lead the team that will help make them come to life.
- Develop key game features and systems.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, artists, and programmers to create and maintain technical design documents, milestone schedules, epics, stories, and tasks.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the project.
- Proactively raise any development or scheduling issues with the team for resolution.
- 7+ years of game development experience.
- Worked on at least one commercial video game through the entire development lifecycle.
- Advanced knowledge of C#, development and optimization skills with Unity.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing key gameplay systems.
- Team player - Looks for ways to support and mentor others. Partners with designers and artists to achieve best results and maximum productivity.
- Good guildmate; Is willing and able to share accomplishments and learning with other engineering guild members (individually or to the group). Able to participate in the formation of engineering standards and willing to follow them.
- Great communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Experience with constructive game play features or other types of user created content.
- Multiplayer game development experience.
- Good working knowledge of Unity Addressables and/or AssetBundles.
- Practical experience making systems that are data driven and empower designers using scriptable objects and editor customization.
- Located in the Pacific Time Zone
Perks of Joining Our Team:
- Competitive compensation packages, including company-subsidized medical/dental/vision plans for you and your dependents as well life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage completely paid for by AuthorDigital.
- 100% remote work
- Flexible work hours and generous PTO/leave policies.
- Nine paid company holidays throughout the year and a company-wide end of year break to celebrate the winter holidays.
- Emphasis on an employee-first working culture; the mental and physical health of our team is prioritized!
At AuthorDigital, we celebrate diversity and have committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
**Location Note: In this new era, we are working remotely and have embraced the level of self-sufficiency required to be successful as a team. We are using a variety of communication and task tracking systems to keep things moving as expected. We have performed above and beyond in this format and would expect any new teammate to mesh with this easily. All candidates should have a strong work ethic, an ability to meet deadlines while working remotely, and have a consistent high-speed internet connection to work from their home location.