Who We Are:
AuthorDigital is a fast growing, female-led game studio in the PNW** that is currently in the early stages of developing an unannounced title of epic proportions for a fantastic IP. This is your chance to join our talented team of industry veterans and have a direct impact on a game that is sure to be magical!
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Game Designer (3C) to lead the creation of compelling character controls and gameplay across multiple game genres on console, PC, and mobile platforms. Join an international team as the go-to 3C game designer defining multi-genre play experiences for a vast collection of unique characters and play mechanics.
- Establish and evangelize the vision for game Characters, Camera, and Controls.
- Create and maintain documentation articulating the 3C vision and metrics.
- Collaborate across disciplines to formulate and implement gameplay mechanics that innovate while remaining within technical and production constraints.
- Coordinate and/or participate on multidiscipline strike teams to complete assigned work.
- Organize, oversee, and mentor the work of other game designers.
- Find and formulate solutions to fix 3C issues reported by the team, play-testers, and QA.
- Tirelessly advocate for the quality of the player experience.
- At least seven years of game design/development experience required, along with a portfolio of games highlighting your work.
- 3Cs experience on at least two shipped AAA titles, in a senior or lead game design role.
- A passion for playing and making console and PC games; capable of waxing analytically and creatively about recent AAA games.
- In-depth experience creating games in Unity, Unreal, or another AAA game engine.
- Dedicated to cultivating a positive and inclusive workplace that supports and nurtures diverse talent.
- 3Cs design or level design credit on games with varied movement modes and multiple player cameras, e.g., walk/run, swim, fly, drive, along with combat mechanics.
- Hands-on experience creating 3D gameplay prototypes through code, script, or visual scripting.
- Located in the Pacific Time Zone
Perks of Joining Our Team:
- Competitive compensation packages, including company-subsidized medical/dental/vision plans for you and your dependents as well life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage completely paid for by AuthorDigital.
- 100% remote work
- Flexible work hours and generous PTO/leave policies.
- Nine paid company holidays throughout the year and a company-wide end of year break to celebrate the winter holidays.
- Emphasis on an employee-first working culture; the mental and physical health of our team is prioritized!
At AuthorDigital, we celebrate diversity and have committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
**Location Note: In this new era, we are working remotely and have embraced the level of self-sufficiency required to be successful as a team. We are using a variety of communication and task tracking systems to keep things moving as expected. We have performed above and beyond in this format and would expect any new teammate to mesh with this easily. All candidates should have a strong work ethic, an ability to meet deadlines while working remotely, and have a consistent high-speed internet connection to work from their home location.