- Provide analytical support and expertise by conducting supply and demand analysis to generate trade strategies and identify market and pricing trends.
- Primary regional focus will be Canada but an understanding of downstream influences in the Pacific Northwest, US Midwest and the US Northeast will be required. Coordination with fundamentals analysts in other Macquarie locations will be a key requirement of the job.
- Understanding of and experience with producer influences/drivers across the Western Canadian Sedimentary basin is required.
- Design, develop and support short-term data and trading tools.
- Provide ad hoc analyses for the trading desk: Identify traders’ needs and provide timely and tradable analyses.
- Provide daily reports and participate in weekly meetings by providing a fundamental regional outlook.
- Utilize advance modelling techniques to determine the relationship between energy market variables.
- Provide updates on regulatory developments and analyses regarding the impact of changes.
- Investigate historical trends and analyze pricing volatility.
- Take initiative to continuously improve existing processes, tools and models with the aim of improving overall performance and reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, or other relevant degree with five or more years of natural gas market experience.
- Experience in fundamentals analysis in the natural gas sector. Expertise in Canadian markets as well as US Pacific Northwest, Northeast and Midwest markets.
- Knowledge of related commodity markets (such as electricity, oil, NGLs) would be helpful.
- Prior experience in optimization and trading activities in an energy trading environment (trading, asset optimization, risk management or portfolio analysis), preferred but not required.
- Strong Excel & VBA skills required; experience with SQL or Python a plus.
Apply now Job no: CGM-938737