An $8B publicly traded Alternative Investment Manager is currently seeking a Senior Fund Accountant. Their strategy is incredibly unique as they have their hands within PE, RE, Structured Credit, investments in small/mid-sized companies and Aircraft Leasing. They're in aggressive expansion mode and are in the midst of launching several new funds. This role is incredibly unique because it's not a mundane fund accounting role.
· Overall responsibility for the preparation of internal monthly reports for the funds and quarterly reports for the Advisers
· Preparation of the monthly financial reporting package and input of the monthly trial balance into our CLO accounting records.
· Oversee all cash transactions.
· Assist with RIC qualification testing procedures.
· Monitor capital raise progress of the funds
· Assist our asset management team with analysis of budgets and value-add projects.
· Assist our Deal Team with ad hoc projects as necessary, including modeling and valuation, and providing decision support to management for strategic initiatives and potential dispositions.
· Manage the annual audit process and preparation of quarterly SEC filings and associated footnotes to financial statements.
· Assist in reviewing valuations.
· Understanding of joint venture operating agreements, management agreements, and financing arrangements and the ability to apply this knowledge in a business setting.
· 2-4 years of experience in a national CPA firm with either Hedge Fund, Private Equity, Real Estate or Banking clients
· CPA or parts passed