- Working with systems engineering to understand the expected features and functions specific to a vehicle program
- Deriving a detailed Hazard and Risk Assessment (HARA) for a vehicle platform
- Deriving detailed Functional Safety Requirements (FSR’s) for the vehicle platform
- Engaging with core engineering functional safety engineers in driving technical content for the Technical Safety Requirements (TSR’s), hardware requirements, software requirements and deriving ASIL metrics
- Understanding high level safety implementation at a vehicle level but be able to transition to low level architecture and how safety requirements are applied to low level hardware and software
- Overseeing integration validation and testing activities between component hardware and software
- Leading Integration validation and testing at the vehicle level for functional safety requirements
- Maintaining a single source Safety Plan tracking the overall safety work at vehicle, system and component level
In addition to the core responsibilities, other duties will include
- Support defining Rivian’s Safety portfolio by implementing a sustainable functional safety process
- Identify and adopt non-automotive safety standards supporting Rivian’s safety portfolio
- Develop a comprehensive subset of practices/analyzes methodologies to be integrated into Rivian’s safety portfolio
- Clearly define the role of the external supplier across Rivian’s vehicle programs.
- Deliver clear and concise technical updates on external supplier progress across Rivian’s vehicle programs.
- Guide core engineering teams in external supplier selection based on feature requirement and safety rating.
- Degree education in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical (or similar)
- At least 5 years of experience within the automotive industry (or equivalent), ideally OEM or Tier 1 working within functional safety
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team leading indirect reports
- Proven knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience applying within an OEM or Tier 1
- Good working knowledge of vehicle system functionality and electro/mechanical control strategy
- Ability to report to senior management and report accurate information in a clear and concise manner